httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Just relax everyone
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2006 14:19:02 GMT
On 8/12/06, Jacqui Caren <jacqui.caren@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > Hi Jacqui and *,
> > I have found some mailinglist managesrs, which reject E-Mails
> > IF in the "From:" header are non RFC-2047 encoded caracters.
>
> This makes sense - I have had similar problems with a
> email filtering system in perl - the number of messages that
> have incorrectly encoded headers and content is just plain scary.
>
> I also find it regrettable that instead of trying to find the problem
> the list ends up blacklisting people after being told it must be thier
> fault. :-(

Try reading all the emails on the subject before saying silly things
like that about the volunteers that manage this list.

The only people blacklisted are those that mailbombed the list or
threatend to do so.

Anyone who has politely asked for help has gotten it, even when they
chose not to read the clear instructions.

Joshua.