httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using mod_auth_basic to secure dynamic pages from database
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:51:15 GMT
On 8/10/06, Cairen Lajia <Cairen.Lajia@itec.suny.edu> wrote:

> Joshua,
>
> Thank you very much for your prompt response.
>
> We try to avoid restarting the apache as few as possible,
> so beside using the <location> in httpd.conf, are there any other ways to do this?
Or any third part product that you know for this purpose?
> Thanks again for your help!

No simple ways.  mod_rewrite can restrict access based on contents of
an external (text or dbm) database.

But unless you are planning to make changes dozens of times per day,
doing an occasional restart shouldn't be a big deal -- especially if
you use "graceful".

Joshua.