httpd-users mailing list archives

From jayara...@tcs.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How Apache manages all its children - Add More Info
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:30:36 GMT
Hi,
In windows Apache creates 2 processes. Prefork is not supported on
wondows.

Process 1 has minimum  of three threads as below.

worker_main ( actall thread which does the work coded in modules. More
threads are spawned accoding to the configuration on httpd.conf )
winnt_accept
and __tmainCRTStartup

Process 2 also has three threads.
service_nt_main_fn
service_nt_despatch_thread
and __tnaibStartup.

I wonder if anybody has tried Windows prefork for Apache 2.2.2.  Prefork
model adds to the stability I feel. I am not sure if code in one thread
corrupts the heap what will happen? Will the Apache stopping further
requests which actually goes through the happy path of the code?  Do we
need to restart the Apache??

Regards,

Jayaram Ganapathy

"Steve Swift" <steve.j.swift@gmail.com>
08/14/2006 12:10 PM
Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org

users@httpd.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [users@httpd] How Apache manages all its children

You can see some information on the child processes by enabling the /info
URL in httpd.conf - but you probably knew that already.