httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] redirecting https to http..
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 06:11:37 GMT

No - it's the other way round. The SSL session encapsulates the HTTP
session. So all the SSL negotiation takes place *before* any HTTP
traffic is sent. The browser flashes the warning during the SSL start-up
when the cert it gets back from the server doesn't have a trusted
authority.

There is no way to do what the OP wants.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> I guess not,
> eh?