httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] message /var/logs/messages
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:57:45 GMT

What do you mean? Google tells you exactly what the error is. If you
google for "untie attempted while 1 inner references still exist" you
will get several versions of the perltie man page all of which give the
exact error message and its cause.

I'm not a perl guru, but as far as I can see, it's just a warning that
an object is being dereferenced while there is a still a reference to
it. That means the garbage collector can't free the resources and you
might get a memory leak. If the code was controlling the Mars Polar
Lander it might be worth worrying about but it's only a minor
performance issue and not too important.

NB - this is occurring in some buggy piece of perl that has next to
nothing to do with apache...

> Do you have a solution?

Yes. Don't use that perl module. However, an alternative is not to
bother about it because you don't really have a problem.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> thanks for answering
>
> regards