httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Wood" <tww...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] piped log not getting any stdin
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:20:24 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to pipe my Apache 2.0.54 logs to a script, but never seem
to get any logs sent through the pipe.

Apache starts my script (actually a python program) which runs fine
until it tries to read a log from stdin.  At that point the script
hangs and never gets any input.

My script works correctly for other sources, ie: "cat access.log |
script.py" works correctly.

Also, I tried just piping apache logs to cat, ie:

CustomLog "|/bin/cat >> /var/log/apache2/test.log" common

I get this is my error.log:

piped log program ' /bin/cat >> /var/log/apache2/test.log' failed unexpectedly
/bin/cat: >>: No such file or directory

Quite a few people in the past seem to have trouble having their
scripts get any input from apache2, but I couldn't find any solutions
in the lists....  Any ideas?

thanks
-Tim