httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Wilkerson" <r.d.wilker...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache configuration problem
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2006 01:53:31 GMT
All you should have to do is change the DocumentRoot directive.  And
the associated <Directory ...> block.  I haven't used Debian, but in
the default httpd.conf for Redhat/Fedora the directives are documented
pretty well.

DocumentRoot /var/www

On 8/26/06, Glen  Tapley <tapley1@eircom.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Debian Sarge and have installed apache2.
>
> When I access my webpage on the debian server it defaults to
> http://www.myserver.com/apache2-default/
> The web page is still displayed but the index file has to be in the directory /var/www/apache2-default.
>
> How do I change the configuation so that it reads
> http://www.myserver.com/ and the index file is in the directory /var/www?
>
> I have had previous experience with apache and I had to change the apache.conf file (I
think) and change the root document setting to point to /var/www and the problem was resolved.
This does not seem to be the answer with the new version of apache.

> Can anyone help me with my problem?
>
> Tx in advance
>
> Glen

> Find the home of your dreams with eircom net property
> Sign up for email alerts now http://www.eircom.net/propertyalerts

Rob Wilkerson