httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Wilkerson" <r.d.wilker...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SOT: Subversion Connection to Apache Fails Mid-Stream
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:45:39 GMT
I'll take a look at the forensics and the packet trace.  The server is
on a LAN - I don't believe there are any proxies involved, but I'm not
the guy who has to put together the servers.  I'm just the guy that
has to communicate with them.  I'll ask about that.  A tracert,
though, shows no hops between the client and the server.

Subversion provides atomic commits so, although I see no evidence on
the server side, I assume that's because the commit process failed so
Subversion actually committed nothing.  And, to be honest, I can't be
completely sure the commit fails mid-stream, but I See a lot of
generated output indicating the process is doing what it's supposed to
(adding and removing files from the repository) and then the failure
message.  That's what leads me to think it's a mid-stream failure.  If
someone who knows more than I do (should be a lot of those people
about) can offer another suggestion, I'm all ears.

Thanks.

Rob Wilkerson