httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Yashesh Bhatia" <yashe...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Using apache on 127.0.01 , localhost and internal ip address (192.168.1.3)
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:09:10 GMT
Hello:

   I'm using Apache 2.2.3 on Fedora Core 5 and have installed it and
configured it to run on
my local IP address 192.168.1.3 by using the following line in the
httpd.conf file

Listen 192.168.1.3:80

Now I also want apache deamon to respond to requests on localhost and 127.0.01

How do I go about doing it ? I tried using virtual hosts by
uncommenting the line

LoadModule vhost_alias_module modules/mod_vhost_alias.so
Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf

and adding the following entries in the file conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName localhost
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName 127.0.0.1
</VirtualHost>

However the above does not work (i did restart apache :)). So when i do

http://127.0.0.1/
or
http://localhost/

i get a message
Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1

but i i do a
http://192.168.1.3/

it works fine.

Any tips on how to configure httpd.conf and httpd-vhosts.conf to make
the above work is really appreciated.

Thanks.

Yashesh