httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Morgan Gangwere" <0.fracta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 404 on existing file
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 00:40:31 GMT
i must say this:
if the path is not EXACTLY the same in the apache config as it is in
the Filesystem RELATIVE to wwwroot for that host, it 404's, though
this is odd, how you can 404 on a 404 error page. heh.

> On 8/4/06, Liz Kim <lizkim270@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am having a problem with ErrorDocument.
> > There is a err.html file which exists under
> > /web/path/to/err.html
> >
> > ErrorDocument 500 http://myURL/path/to/err.html
> >
> > works.  However,
> >
> > ErrorDocument 404 /web/path/to/err.html
> >
> > gives me a 404 error.  The file exists and I can get to it
> > when I give it the complete url.
> >
> > Any inputs on why it's giving me the 404 on the local URL?
>
> What does the error log say?  Remember that ErrorDocument takes a
> web-path (that is, relative to the DocumentRoot) not a full
> file-system path.  Also remember that MSIE will hide error messages
> unless they are "large enough".
>
> Joshua.

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.