httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Ray [Lists]" <li...@blazestudios.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.59 with SSL installation issue.
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:16:47 GMT
Well the server was originally running 1.3.33, so I was just installing
2.0.59 in a completely different location. But I did manage to find a
fix for it all. It appears that 0.6.3 was installed on the server (or
something close to that I can't recall the exact version) and it was
installed in /usr/bin/, /usr/local/, and /usr/includes. The 0.9.8a and
0.9.8b where/are installed in /usr/local/ssl. When I just ran >openssl
from the command line and typed in "version" it kept giving me the 0.6.3
version. So I just did this:

rm /usr/bin/openssl
ln -s /usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl /usr/bin/openssl
make clean
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apachessl2 --enable-ssl --enable-so

I was able to fully install Apache 2.0.59 with the above steps and I'm
now running it with PHP 4.4.2 with mcrypt so the goal was achieved.

Thanks for all the help everyone!