httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neil A. Hillard" <neil.hill...@agustawestland.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] IE6 could crash with HTTP/1.1
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:55:04 GMT
Hi,

Peter Schade wrote:
> Hello
>
> i have some trouble with the recent microsoft patches where the IE6 could
> crash on certain websites if he uses http1.1 and compression.
>
> So i would configure my webserver so that he delivers only via http1.0
> here is my config from http.conf on a debian sarge server:
> BrowserMatchNoCase ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
>
> This brings not the protocol that i want... any suggestions?

Complain to Micro$oft.  Get them to fix their browser.  They broke it,
they can fix it.  You should not have to work around this.  There is a
hotfix available if you really want to try it.

Or switch to a proper browser!

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@agustawestland.com
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.