httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Price <cpr...@its.to>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_deflate questions
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 04:24:51 GMT

	Hey all;

	I have some questions about mod_deflate;

	Specifically, in my 8 years of using apache, I had never heard of it
until a few weeks ago. Google shows plenty of howto implement and man
page sites, but few 'mod_deflate is soo good it saved my marriage' type
of testimonials. Given the significant savings in bandwidth that *seem*
to go with mod_deflate I am wondering why I have never heard of it - it
seems too good to be true.

	Would someone please be so kind as to post a broef summary of strengths
and weaknesses of mod_deflate? Browser incompatibility, issues with
nat/proxies, etc... My spidey sense is telling me that something isnt
quite right here...

	Cheers and TIA,

	Chris