httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neil A. Hillard" <neil.hill...@agustawestland.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Please help
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:08:16 GMT
Hi,

Nick Kew wrote:

>>> Maybe the safe option would be for the unsubscribe process to
>>> default to automatically unsubscribing someone if there's no
>>> reply to an unsub-confirmation email?
>> That's not a bad idea... (Of course, semantically, it amounts to
>> unsubscribing immediately without confirmation for all unsub requests).
>
> I didn't say "immediately" - a 24-hour delay wouldn't hurt, and *could*
> help protect against a prankster.
>
> But "immediately" would also be an option.

It wouldn't be an unsub-confirmation then, it would be a unsub-declination!

You'd then need to include a set of instructions for 'I don't want to be
unsubscribed' which would need to be followed within 24 hours to ensure
a malicious unsubscription wasn't actioned?

It seems to me that the current setup is fine.  I managed to follow the
current instruction a couple of weeks ago and it worked exactly as expected.

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@agustawestland.com
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.