httpd-users mailing list archives

From LDB <thesou...@ldb-jab.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] WebDAV locking issues
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2006 14:17:31 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 8/6/06, LDB <thesource@ldb-jab.org> wrote:
>
>> Joshua Slive wrote:

>> > What does the apache error log say?
>> >
>> > Joshua.

>> The error log says nothing.
>>
>> I figured it out, though. Apparently, DavLock does not like paths
>> outside of
>> ServerRoot. That is unfortunate. :)
>

> That is highly unlikely.  The problem was likely something else.
>
> You should also check to make sure you are looking in the correct
> error log.  It is unusual to receive a 500 error without a
> corresponding error log entry.
>
> Joshua.

There was no error except on the client side, which was stated above.
I could not find an error anywhere in any of the logs. I am sure
it went somewhere but not to any of the logs as far as I know. Besides,
what is there to know?? Fact is, it could write to the DavLock path.

Can you please be more clear as to what was highly unlikely?

The only change I made was to the DavLock's path. The previous change
was from outside DocumentRoot, "/var/lib/apache-dav", to inside DocumentRoot,
"apache-dav".

LDB