httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jose Adriano Baltieri <jabal...@unimep.br>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL hardware accelerators & Apache
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:07:00 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Thursday 03 August 2006 09:13, Jose Adriano Baltieri wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Someone else using a SSL hardware accelerator with Apache ?

Can you tell us something about it ? Is it affordable ?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

Since this was the first SSL card i configured, i thought the setup was
a bit strange. But once installed and configured correctly the card
just works. As for price, i didn't sign the purchase orders so i don't
know the exact cost. I am under the impression that it is one of those
"if you have to ask you can't afford it" things (it costs thousands of
dollars). It may be affordable for large web servers run by a business,
but probably not for a personal site.
  </pre>
Mr Ramaley :<br>
Thank you so much for your response !<br>
I also work on an University : Methodist University of Piracicaba / Sao
Paulo / Brazil.<br>
We're facing problems of bottleneck when all of the students run after
their bulletin grades report. We that information on-line on our
Intranet.<br>
We have upgraded our server (hardware) but I thought maybe acquiring
that accelerator card could have been more productive.<br>
Anyway, thank you so much. If you can tell me how many requests
(hits/transactions/pages) you deliver per day, it would be nice to know
as well.<br>
We serve 300 k dynamic content pages per day.<br>
Thanks again !<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">

  </pre>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="78">--
Obrigado,
                Jose Adriano Baltieri - Analista de Sistemas
                DTI - CENTRO - UNIMEP - Universidade Metodista de Piracicaba
                PIRACICABA - SP - Brasil - Fone : (19) 3124-1858