httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neil A. Hillard" <neil.hill...@agustawestland.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] quite tricky, I need some serious help here.
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:10:07 GMT
Hi,

>     Vagelis Papadogiannakis wrote:
>     > Ok, after a long night, I finally did the stupid thing...
>     >
>     > I accidentally destroyed all the vhost configuration files from the
>     > vhost.ddirectory.
>     > This directory contained separete .conf files which described every
>     > vhost of
>     > the system
>     >
>     > I dont have any backups (this is what I was trying to do when I
>     > accidentally
>     > truncated them to empty files).
>     >
>     > The apache is running now, but I cannot stop it / restart it / add
>     or edit
>     > the config

OK, this won't help you resolve this problem but it may buy you a little
time!  Make sure that your logs aren't rotated!  When the logs are
rotated Apache will be told to reload the config.  That's really not
what you want!

HTH,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    hillardn@whl.co.uk
Westland Helicopters Ltd.       http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
            views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.