httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Buckley <Andy.Buck...@durham.ac.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SetOutputFilter doesn't work in <Location>s?
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 12:20:43 GMT
Andy Buckley wrote:
> Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV wrote:
>>
>> SetOutputFilter works very well, even in Location filters. There are
>> lots of happy customers of this feature, using it for such things as
>> for example compression of response bodies.

> I tried with a configuration similar to yours and, yes, it works! The
> Header module is a new one for me: nice to know. A bit of investigation
> seems to reveal that adding another Location with a MultiViews
> DirectoryIndex can stop the filter from working:
>
> <Location />
>     Options +MultiViews
>     DirectoryIndex index
> </Location>
>
> Just adding "Options +MultiViews" or using e.g. "DirectoryIndex
> index.html" doesn't affect the filters.

After being away for a while, I got back to looking at this recently. On my
production system, which has a more complex configuration, using an explicit
DirectoryIndex doesn't solve the problem: to get output filters working by
Location I need to specify Options -MultiViews. I need to use MultiViews *and*
output filters, and this seems to be a bug that prevents simultaneous use.

Can someone confirm or deny this behaviour and recommend on whether it should
be reported to the Apache bug tracker? I've now observed it on several copies
of Apache 2.0.52 as bundled with different Linux systems, so it seems like more
than a one-off to me.

Thanks in advance for any help (again!),
Andy

--
Andy Buckley: CEDAR @ IPPP, Durham
Work: www.cedar.ac.uk