httpd-users mailing list archives

From "RYAN M. vAN GINNEKEN" <l...@computerking.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] vitual subdomain problems
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2006 01:46:43 GMT
Thank that solved the problem i overlooked the fact that there was a * instead of an ip address
on the new subdomain site thanks.

I have been using virtualmin to create my new sites thought it would make things easier and
still think it will.  However the configuration and debugging process has taken alot of time
and effort hope it will be worth it in the end.

thanks agian joshua

----- Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:
> On 8/26/06, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <luck@computerking.ca> wrote:
> > Ok here are my configs

> config
> vhosts.conf

> site1.computerking.ca
>
> No need to send the entire config file.  Only the relevant parts (the
> parts having to do with vhosting).
>
> Your #1 problem is that the argument to NameVirtualHost must match
> the
> argument to <VirtualHost>.  The recommended argument, from the docs,
> is *:80.  But you can also use an IP address if you want.  Just make
> sure they all match.
>
> Joshua.

Computer King/CaNMail

http://www.computerking.ca     http://www.canmail.org

Sales, Service, and Hosting
Email, Data, and Web Packages
Ask about web design specials

Affiliates
http://www.computerking.ca/pages/links/affiliates/affiliates.htm

Maybe Computer Science should be in the College of Theology. -- R. S. Barton