httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Foster, Stephen (ASPIRE)" <steve.fos...@hmrcaspire.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Help with re-write rules
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:32:24 GMT
hi joshua,

yes i guess it doesn't read very well, basically i was trying to say that
the pages are being served okay and the browser does not get re-directed to
our /home application however apache seems to continue to process the rules
and connect to the application but doesn't pass it back to the browser.
I think we now have a good set of rules with the help of Robert Ionescu
which work as i need them to.

many thanks for everybodies help on this.

cheers

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: jslive@gmail.com [mailto:jslive@gmail.com]On Behalf Of Joshua
Slive
Sent: 14 August 2006 17:02
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Help with re-write rules

On 8/14/06, Foster, Stephen (ASPIRE) <steve.foster@hmrcaspire.com> wrote:

> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^online\.domain\.com [NC]
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^$
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)         http://online.domain.com:%{SERVER_PORT}/$1 [R]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  !^/heartbeat/heartbeat.htm
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  !^/server-status
> RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT}  !^443$
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}/home [R,L]
>
> This works mostly right and will serve the non-secure URL's properly,
> however they are then continuing on to process the rule for 80->443 , but
> not actually re-directing the browser, but does appear in the access logs.
> Any help on the right way forward for this would be great.

Hmmm... Can you reread that last paragraph again.  It doesn't make any
sense to me and is grammatically very ambiguous.  Exactly what problem
are you having?  Exactly what do the requests look like, and exactly
what do you see in the access log and rewrite log?

Joshua.

Our e-mail domain has now changed from iraspire.com to hmrcaspire.com. Please update your
address books.