httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Foster, Stephen (ASPIRE)" <steve.fos...@hmrcaspire.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Help with re-write rules
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:54:50 GMT
hi all,

quick newbie question if i may. I have been playing about with re-write
rules today in order to acheive the behaviour i want, the situation i
currently have is that i need to match and effect the following:

1: All requests to something other than the the FQDN should be written to
the FQDN. e.g customer access site using http://www.domain.com , i rewrite
customer to http://online.domain.com
2: All requests that are non-secure are written to secure. e.g URL becomes
https://online.domain.com
3: i must be able to support non-secure requests to certain URL's e.g
http://online.domain.com/heartbeat/heartbeat.htm and
http://online.domain.com/server-status

The current ruleset i am using is as follows:

# =================================================
# Rewrite to HTTPS Settings
# =================================================
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^online\.domain\.com [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^$
RewriteRule ^/(.*)         http://online.domain.com:%{SERVER_PORT}/$1 [R]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  !^/heartbeat/heartbeat.htm
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  !^/server-status
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT}  !^443$
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}/home [R,L]

This works mostly right and will serve the non-secure URL's properly,
however they are then continuing on to process the rule for 80->443 , but
not actually re-directing the browser, but does appear in the access logs.
Any help on the right way forward for this would be great.

many thanks in advance

Steve

Steve Foster | Capgemini | Telford
Shared Technology Services
T. +44 (0) 1952 296664 | www.capgemini.com
Internal: 46664

Join the Collaborative Business Experience

Our e-mail domain has now changed from iraspire.com to hmrcaspire.com. Please update your
address books.