httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] vitual subdomain problems
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:06:05 GMT
On 25.08.06 14:37, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
> I am having trouble creating a subdomain the rest of my virtual sites seem
> to work.
>
> THE problem is that everytime i try to view the content for
> site1.computerking.ca i get the content from www.computerking.ca which is
> the default site.

> <VirtualHost _default_:*>
> ServerName computerking.ca
[deleted]
> </VirtualHost>

> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName site1.computerking.ca
[deleted]
> </VirtualHost>

> Also there is nothing in the logs for the virthost nothing seems to happen
> in the main /var/log/http-error or access logs

you created virtual host site1.computerking.ca running on ALL IP addresses,
and site computerking.ca running on all IP addresses not configured.

So, no request will reach computerking.ca because no address remains, all
are taken by the "*" in site1.computerking.ca definition.
(R)etry, (A)bort, (C)ancer