httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Digest authentication with mod_authn_dbd + MySQL driver
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:41:30 GMT
On Wednesday 23 August 2006 16:15, Luca Meneghesso wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I finally managed to compile Apache 2.2.3/OpenSSL to perform Authentication
> and Authorization with mod_authn_dbd/mod_authz_dbd/apr_dbd_mysql.
> Everything works correctly when using Basic Authentication but when I
> switch to Digest Authentication the server returns this error message:

You're trying to do Digest authentication with a Basic authn configuration
by just switching AuthType.  You need an AuthDBDUserRealmQuery, and
you'll need to populate your database with md5 digests.  See the digest
authn documentation.

(one advantage of DBD is you can use the same table for both types
of authn.  Just use different columns for Basic and Digest entries).

--
Nick Kew