httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Hill <jambo...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy - HTTP Response Header and Query String Params
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:34:47 GMT
Hi,

How can I use a reverse proxy to modify a query string parameter in an HTTP response header
coming from my backend server?

I'm setting up Apache 2.2 as a reverse proxy in front of a 3rd party app.  I have just about
everything working except for the following.  If I hit the URL:

http://myreverseproxy.server.com/some_path/some_page?query_string_params

... the reverse proxy passes this on to the backend server, which generates a response header
with a location like:

http://3rdparty.server.com/another_path/another_page?p_submit=http%3A%2F%2F3rdparty.server.com%2Fyetanotherpath

Using ProxyPassReverse, I can change the first bit of the URI as needed, but how can I rewrite
the query string parameter p_submit (from "3rdparty.server.com" to "myreverseproxy.server.com"?
 Will ProxyPassReverse allow me to alter parameters?  Or, should I be using mod_rewrite (RewriteRule)?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian