httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eike Frost ...@kefro.st>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_log_config - time taken to serve the request, in microseconds
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2006 14:08:44 GMT
Hi,

On Saturday 05 August 2006 16:32, Rob Kirkbride wrote:
> Sorry you're right. We basically have bands whereby if we achieve >=99%
> within 1 second the client pays us. If we're between say 98 and 99% the
> cost is neutral, less than 98 and we pay them.
> It's slightly more complicated than that but that's the basic idea.
> We have to ensure we have enough web-servers to deal with the requests and
> this is there way of checking.
>
> Does that help?

Reading this I was reminded of mod_log_firstbyte ... If your application
precomputes its output and then starts sending (as opposed to outputting
headers, then doing computation, and then sending output), it might be useful
to you since it logs the time it takes between receiving a request and the
first byte of the response being served. Looking for it now, it seems the
webpage linked from http://modules.apache.org/search?id=735 for it is now
defunct; you may be able to reach its author or find it googling, though.

Another interesting link to follow would be http://www.arm4.org/trac/ and
mod_arm / mod_arm4, again depending on your application and needs :-)

--Eike