httpd-users mailing list archives

From "kent stand" <sta...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ProxyPass issues
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 21:47:23 GMT
Hello,

I am setting up a VirtualHost which passes most of its traffic to another
server instance via ProxyPass, but reserves some requests for that
VirtualHost. The issue is that all of the traffic is being proxied, despite
the directives I set:

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName www.example.tld
  DocumentRoot /home/user/public_directory/
  ProxyPass /directory/ !
  ProxyPass /file !
  Alias /directory/ /home/user/directory/
  ProxyPreserveHost     On
  ProxyPass / http://localhost:5959/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:5959/
</VirtualHost>

I am using Apache/2.0.55. Unfortunately, no matter how I order or word (with
or without backslashes) the ProxyPass directives, the requests are never
handled by Apache2. Am I perhaps overlooking some fundamental aspect of
ProxyPass?

Thanks,
Kent S.