httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Marc MENDEZ" <cnmm...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to detect failed authentification ?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 12:55:06 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Boyle@swx.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:00 AM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] How to detect failed authentification ?

It's not perfect because the underlying technology doesn't work the way you
think it does.

> I still get the impression that you think that basic authentication
> involves setting up a persistent session and "logging-in".

Absolutely not, but you're right to indicate this. The "connection" is
established when the request is processed, then closed. That's not because
the page is on the screen you're (still) connected.

 p5.vert.ukl.yahoo.com uncompressed Wed Aug 16 12:27:01 GMT 2006

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com