httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Erik Froese" <erikfro...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2 mod_authnz_ldap binding
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:21:46 GMT
I'm trying to move from apache 2.0 to 2.2 and would like to use the supplied
*ldap modules
that are built into apache. I'd like to authenticate against our LDAP but we
don't alow anonymous
binds and I'd rather not store an LDAP user's name and pw in an apache conf
file to get LDAP
authentication working.

I've had success in the past with mm_mod_auth_ldap from muquit.com with
apache 2.0.
MM_mod_auth_ldap allowed apache to try and bind as the name/pw credentials
provided by
the browser using the AuthOnBind directive.

Our LDAP directory is rather large (>100,000) and it cuts down on
authentication time if we
don't have to go through the normal bind, search/compare/verify uniqueness,
close, bind
process that the apache 2.2 module talks about in the docs.

In short, is there a way to make apache 2.2 try to bind to the ldap server
with the credentials
provided by the browser and consider itself authenticated if it could bind?

Erik Froese