httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] UserDir directive not seen, instead DocumentRoot from httpd.conf prefixing ~user
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:55:09 GMT
On 7/27/06, Craig M. Houck <chouck@binghamton.edu> wrote:
> I went back before this email and realized it wasn't the same.
> I changed it so httpd.conf looks like:
>
> # This is here for backwards compatability reasons and to support
> #  installing 3rd party modules directly via apxs2, rather than
> #  through the /etc/apache2/mods-{available,enabled} mechanism.
> #
> # using bingiwas from bingnfs1 httpd.conf as an example
>
> <IfModule mod_userdir.c>

I already told you to drop the <IfModule> stuff.

> Should I still be using apache2.conf when I uswe httpd.conf?

That depends on how your server was compiled.  On a standard compile
(as downloaded from apache.org) it is httpd.conf.  But your
distributor might have changed something.

> Another admin and I were talking, we think another problem is that we are
> not using NIS
> on this box. It appears that NIS just flat won't work on an Debian ETCH box.

If UserDir was active but couldn't find the home directory, you should
get an error to that effect.  Using a directory under the DocumentRoot
indicates UserDir is not active.

Joshua.