httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problem with mod_rewrite rewiterule with [P](internal proxying)
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:44:22 GMT
On 7/7/06, Ravish Agarwal <ravish.agarwal@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are using apache WebServer version 2.0.55 on HP-UX version 11iand
> we are trying to redirect the requests to another WebServer on the
> same host

> ProxyRequests On

You don't want that.  Please look at the docs for mod_proxy.  You've
probably just created a big security problem.

> ProxyPass /metso http://mgtpdma3.rau.valmet.com:7003/metso

You don't want that.  The RewriteRule below does the Proxying, so this
rule is not needed and could be causing problems.

Does any request make it through to the back-end?  What does the log
on the back-end say?

What does the apache error_log say after you turn LogLevel to debug?

Joshua.