httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_vhost_alias dynamic configuration of other variables
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 11:42:28 GMT
On 7/6/06, Roel van Meer <rolek@alt001.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm using mod_vhost_alias for dynamic virtual hosting. I would like to add
> some configuration statements whose value should be based on the virtual
> host that is actually being accessed. More precisely: I would like to use
> the value of VirtualDocumentRoot as value for another configuration
> variable. Is this possible?
>
> <VirtualHost a.b.c.d:80>
>     VirtualDocumentRoot /var/www/html/%0
>     ServerAdmin info@example.com
>     ServerName httpd.example.com
>     config-statement <VirtualDocumentRoot>  <-- can something like
>                                               this be accomplished?
> </VirtualHost>
>
> What I am actually trying to do is setting the value of php's
> open_basedir config variable to the documentroot of the virtual host.

This can't be done with mod_vhost_alias, as far as I know.  You can,
on the other hand, add a bunch of <Directory> sections (one for each
vhost) that set the appropriate open_basedir.  But obviously that
removes much of the simplicity of mod_vhost_alias zero-configuration
addition of vhosts.

Joshua.