httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite with [last] not behaving as expected
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:14:16 GMT
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, Neil A. Hillard wrote:
> Yes it is expected - it is not Apache deciding to run the URL through
> the rewriting.  A redirect will be sent to the client which will then
> request the new target and it is that which will be run through the
> rewriting rules.

This is with an internal redirect though, not an external one. No redirect
is sent to the client, it's all handled within apache.

In the rewrite logs, you do get:
  applying pattern
  applying pattern
   old path -> new path
  [INTERNAL REDIRECT]
  applying pattern
  applying pattern
  applying pattern
  applying pattern
   new path -> catchall

> I would suggest that you'd be better off with rewriting in a Location
> block and not a Directory.  The rewriting relates to the URL and not
> necessarily the file system.

I'm not suggesting that my current rewriting scheme is optimal, just that
things aren't behaving as expected

Nick