httpd-users mailing list archives

From Manuela.Vora...@ssb.it
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.2 and WebSphere PlugIn
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 08:01:57 GMT
I'm using a Linux Suse 9.
I would like to use the plugin because it was written for balancing
throught WebSphere Application Server and I think that if I have a
WebSphere Application server on backend  it would be better using its
plugin to reverse requests.

For Tomcat I'm using proxy pass reverse.

manuciaoThanks

Alexander Lazic <al-httpdusers@none.at>
20/07/2006 09.52
Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org

users@httpd.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.2 and WebSphere PlugIn

Hi,

On Don 20.07.2006 09:39, Manuela.Vorazzo@ssb.it wrote:

>I've compiled Apache 2.2.2 and now I would like to use apache with
>websphere plugin to pass requests to a remore WebSphere Application
>Server.

Do you really must use the plugin or can you use the proxy-balance
module?

What i mean is if the plugin is only a http-proxy-plugin why not use the
build in modules of apache ;-)

>But now when I run the command 'apachectl -t' I get the following:
>
>httpd: Syntax error on line 225 of
>/opt/CHROOT/HTTPD-2.2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load
>/opt/CHROOT/HTTPD/WebSpherePlugin/bin/mod_was_ap20_http.so into server:
>/opt/CHROOT/HTTPD/WebSpherePlugin/bin/mod_was_ap20_http.so: cannot open
>shared object file: No such file or directory
>
>The mod_was_ap20_http.so exists and it is in the
>/opt/CHROOT/HTTPD/WebSpherePlugin/bin directory.
>
>Have you any idea????

Can the webserver user read the plugin && the config?
Is it right that you use a Linux-Distribution or do you use another OS?

Hth && Regards

Alex