httpd-users mailing list archives

From d.martin...@ima.tm.fr
Subject RE: [users@httpd] redirection url
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:47:25 GMT
Yes, i get a valid adress when i type nslookup serveur2.domain.fr

name : serveur1
address : x.x.x.x
aliases : serveur2

DNS is setup correctly

thanks dave

Dave Henderson <dhenderson@digital-pipe.com>
24/07/2006 15:36
Veuillez répondre à
users@httpd.apache.org

users@httpd.apache.org
cc

Objet
RE: [users@httpd] redirection url

do you get a valid address if you type 'nslookup serveur2.domain.fr' at a
command prompt?  If not, DNS is not setup correctly.  If it is BIND you
will need to enter an A record such as:

serveur2   IN   A   192.168.x.x      <-- needs to be intranet ip of server

or you can setup a CNAME to serveur1 like:

serveur2   IN   CNAME   serveur1.domain.fr.   <-- don't forget trailing
dot

Dave

d.martineau@ima.tm.fr wrote:

Hi owen,

Thanks for information but i had already configure a DNS entry :

create an alias

serveur2 to serveur1

and when i make

http://serveur2.domain.fr:8085/uri/  i've the good page

but when i make http://serveur2.domain.fr i've the "dns error" in ie. So
that's why i thought that was apache parameters

> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName serveur2.domain
> ProxyPass / http://serveur1:8085/uri/
> ProxyPassReverse / http://serveur1:8085/uri/
> </VirtualHost>

thanks

"Boyle Owen" <Owen.Boyle@swx.com>
24/07/2006 09:19

Veuillez répondre à
users@httpd.apache.org

<users@httpd.apache.org>
cc

Objet
RE: [users@httpd] redirection url

This is an error in the browser (nothing to do with the apache server). It
means that the browser cannot convert "serveur2.domain.fr" into an IP
address. I think you said earlier that this is an intranet. If so, you
need to configure your intranet DNS (or the HOSTS file) so that the server
name you want to use can be resolved to an IP address.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

J'ai l'impression qu t'as besoin des info sur IP/DNS - p. ex.
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS :-)

> Then, i test
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName serveur2.domain
> ProxyPass / http://serveur1:8085/uri/
> ProxyPassReverse / http://serveur1:8085/uri/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> But i've the same error when i make http://serveur2.domain.fr/
>

> Have you an idea ???
>
> best regards
>

> "Joshua Slive" <joshua@slive.ca>
> Envoyé par : jslive@gmail.com
>
> 21/07/2006 18:41
> Veuillez répondre à
> users@httpd.apache.org

> users@httpd.apache.org
> cc
> Objet
> Re: [users@httpd] redirection url
>

> On 7/21/06, d.martineau@ima.tm.fr <d.martineau@ima.tm.fr> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > i try to precise the descriptiopn
> >
> > It's not for internet accessibility but only on the enterprise, so :
> >
> > i've a reporting intranet, accessible by the url :
> >
> > http://serveur1:8085/uri/ (accessibly only on the enterprise)
> >
> > I would like to simplify the url like this
> >
> > http://serveur2/
> >
> > I configure a dns entry (alias)
> >
> > When i do
> >
> > http://serveur2:8085/uri/ it's OK
> >
> > but how can i make in apache to redirect
> >
> > http://serveur2/ towards http://serveur1:8085/uri/
> >
> > i hope that's more explicit.
>
> ProxyPass / http://serveur1:8085/uri/
> ProxyPassReverse / http://serveur1:8085/uri/
>
> Joshua.

you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and
then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system.
Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message. You must
not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any
part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. The sender's
company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through
their networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the
sender is authorised to state them to be the views of the sender's
company.