httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Alias or ScriptAlias ?
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 09:48:24 GMT

It is not a great idea to mix static and CGI content in the same
directory since a simple misconfiguration can put your code on the web.
However, it can be done using SetHandler (see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#sethandler) and Options
ExecCGI.

Something like this might work:

<Location /mydir/script.cgi>
  Options ExecCGI
  SetHandler cgi-script
</Location>

You also need "DirectoryIndex script.cgi" in that dir...

You can also look at AddHandler
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_mime.html#addhandler) to
extend CGI to all .cgi files.

Rgds,