httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Applying a universal rewrite
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:14:11 GMT

You're doing something wrong. Rewrites will work at any level (check the "Context" line in
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewriterule).

If it's "not working" then something else is mis-configured (eg, the logic for the RewriteCond
is not set in time - put the Rewrite block *after* the SetEnvIf).

Otherwise, you need to debug the rewrite logic - switch on rewrite logging to see what it's
doing.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> [second posting; looks like the mailing list filters out
> messages containing
> the name of real "somewhere unpleasant" websites...]

the sender's company.