httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Getting more log info
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:24:22 GMT

It's not "permission denied":

> client denied
> by server
> configuration:

The server is *configured* to deny the client - that means you have a "Deny" directive affecting
this resource (in the config or in a .htaccess file). Check out all your Deny and Allow directives
and re-read the docs for these directives and the rules for combining them http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authz_host.html.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> /www-ssl/server/python-2.4.3/share/trac/cgi-bin/trac.cgi
>
> Is there any way to get apache to log *why* it thinks the
> client should
> be denied access?
>
> (using apache 2.2.0)
>
> Nico
>
> --
> Nico De Ranter
> Senior System Administrator
> Sony Service Center (NSCE)
> The Corporate Village, Da Vincilaan 7-D1
> B-1935 Zaventem, Belgium
> Telephone: +32 (0)2 700 86 41 Fax: +32 (0)2 700 86 22

the sender's company.