httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gaite, Jean-Michel" <jmga...@psartus.com>
Subject [users@httpd] In french writing, Apache change some characters like é or è
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:30:32 GMT
Hi,

Context : I migrate an application from UNIX (OSF1+PHP+mysql) to LINUX
(REDHAT+PHP+mysql).
The data are text in the mysql databse, on another Linux server LX1.
With the mysql control center on LX1, the correct text appears.
With the "test" application, on LX1 server, the text is correct.
With the "old" application (UNIX), the text appears correctly, with é, è, à
ô, ...
With the "new" version (RedHat), the french characters with "accents" are
changes to characters like smileys. It's funny, but it's hard to read many
sentences.

Is it from the LINUX machine (environment, installation) ?
Comes this from the Apache configuration (I don't see any parameter like
charaters table) ?
Is this from PHP installation, or the php-mysql library ?

Thank you for helping me !

Jean-Michel