httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ravish Agarwal" <Ravish_Agar...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual host
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:23:56 GMT

I think you cant access the HHTP server on a port less than 1023 if you
are not root user. If you change the port of the apache than it should
work

________________________________

From: Ashutosh Mohanty [mailto:ashutoshinbox@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 4:54 PM
To: Users@Httpd.Apache.Org
Subject: [users@httpd] Virtual host

Hi,
 the following is my virtual host setting for our companies internal
webserver,is their anything worng,because in web browser when ever i try
access  it s saying "you have no permmision to access this on port 80"

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin ashutosh@mydomain.com
    DocumentRoot /home/ashutosh/html
    ServerName abc.mydomain.com
    ServerAlias abc
    ErrorLog /home/ashutosh/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /home/ashutosh/logs/access_log common

<Directory "/home/ashutosh//html">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from 192.168 127.0.0.1
    </Directory>
 <IfModule mod_mime.c>
            AddType text/html .html .htm
            AddType application/x-httpd-php .html .htm .php4 .php
    </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

Is there any suggestion anybody want to give ? thanks

Ashutosh

e-mail system.