httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Brownlee" <steve.brown...@printellect.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Proxy to IIS problems
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:18:29 GMT
I've searched for days for answers to this problem and tried every
offered solution I found on blogs, mailing lists and forums, but still
having problems.  I was hoping a direct request might turn up better
answers from smarter minds.

I have a Win2k3 Server setup with JBoss, Apache and IIS.  I'm attempting
to get Apache to act as a proxy to IIS.  I've made some headway, but in
the end, I still end up with a 400 response from Apache.  Here's what
I've done to date.

1.  Disabled socket pooling on IIS and used httpcfg to tell it to listen
only to 192.168.1.204 and 127.0.0.1
	http://www.orbwave.com/images/iis/httpcfg_setup.jpg

2.  Added a virtual host to Apache to forward requests with the header
"www.fusioncube.net" to 192.168.1.204
	http://www.orbwave.com/images/iis/apache_setup.jpg

3.  Configured my web site to accept requests only to 192.168.1.204,
port 80, with header "www.fusioncube.net"
	http://www.orbwave.com/images/iis/iis_setup.jpg

Now, with the fusioncube.net web site stopped, I get a "502 Bad Gateway"
response from Apache - like I would expect.  However, once I start the
IIS website to accept the request, I get the "400 Bad Request" response.
	208.40.145.252 - - [18/Jul/2006:10:09:52 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.1"
400 39

The steps I followed is the culmination of all the information I could
find on the Internet.  If I'm missing something critical, or have left a
step out, or need to do something additional, please offer any advise
you can as I totally bamboozled at this point.

Thanks in advance,
Steve