httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.2 and WebSphere PlugIn
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:10:46 GMT
Manuela,

On Jul 20, 2006, at 12:39 AM, Manuela.Vorazzo@ssb.it wrote:

> LoadModule was_ap20_module /opt/CHROOT/HTTPD/WebSpherePlugin/bin/
> mod_was_ap20_http.so
> WebSpherePluginConfig /opt/CHROOT/HTTPD/WebSpherePlugin/config/
> atmweb-ts-proxy/plugin-cfg.xml
>

> But now when I run the command 'apachectl -t' I get the following:
>
> httpd: Syntax error on line 225 of /opt/CHROOT/HTTPD-2.2.2/conf/
> httpd.conf: Cannot load /opt/CHROOT/HTTPD/WebSpherePlugin/bin/
> mod_was_ap20_http.so into server: /opt/CHROOT/HTTPD/WebSpherePlugin/
> bin/mod_was_ap20_http.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> The mod_was_ap20_http.so exists and it is in the /opt/CHROOT/HTTPD/
> WebSpherePlugin/bin directory.

A couple of considerations:

1) As others point out, a compiled Apache 2.0 module will not load
into Apache 2.2.x. If IBM does not offer you a 2.2 version of the
module, you'll need to downgrade to 2.0.x in order to use what you
have. Alternatively, prod your IBM representative and tell them to
provide an Apache 2.2 version of the module. Apache 2.2 has been out
for eight months now.

2) Your path contains a 'CHROOT' portion which suggests that you run
chroot(1) in order to separate Apache from the rest of the file
system. You may have to change the absolute path to the module in
your configuration file to allow for the new / directory after chroot
(1).

Given that your error is a plain and simple 'No such file or
directory', I'd first look at number 2) above. However, once you
succeed in having Apache find the module, you will also run into 1).

Regards,

Sander