httpd-users mailing list archives

From frankp...@netscape.net
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Distributed Web Server
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 09:51:21 GMT
I have a database cluster to support my webserver mirrors. The
webserver is distributable to install multiple mirrors. There is no way
to have bottlenecks. These are the two mirrors on different machinese:
http://breakevilaxis.org/mvnforum/mvnforum/index?lang=en
http://www.ddint.org/mvnforum/mvnforum/index?lang=en
If you like french, it will be
http://breakevilaxis.org/mvnforum/mvnforum/index?lang=fr ....
Once you find your bottleneck, you wil fix it.

Frank Peng.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Lazic <al-httpdusers@none.at>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:29:06 +0200
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Distributed Web Server

Hi,

On Mon 03.07.2006 04:52, Danesh Daroui wrote:

>I have set up a web server using Apache and it used to work fine until
>my site's hit grew up and now it has serious problems because of
>intensive clients traffic. I would like to set up other systems to
>cooperate with my main server and serve clients as well as my main
>server to make ballance when the server is overloaded. How can I tell
>Apache to cooperate and in other words set up a distributed network of
>web servers which all servers serves my site? Do I need to install a
>new module? Any solution?

There are many solutions for this *problem* but the first step, for me
is, where are the real bottlenecks:

1.) application
2.) bandwith (as Chris wrot)
3.) MaxClients to low
4.) some timeouts to high
5.) *internal* Kommunication to slow (DB <=> APPL,APPL <=> WEBServer,
WEBServer <=> Client, ... )
6.) .....

For the solutions:

1.) HW-Loadbalancer