httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Re: problem with mod_rewrite rewiterule with [P](internal proxying)
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:41:31 GMT
What does the error log on the IBM HTTP Server say ?
What is the access log entry for that particular request on the IBM HTTP Server ?
Is the request passed by the IBM HTTP Server to the WebSphere application server ?? Please
verify the logs of the application server also.
I assume you are using the WebSphere plugin ? I have not used that plugin for several years,
but I seem to remember that it had its own log. What does that log say ?

I suspect that you have may problem with the WebSphere plugin configuration. Your reverse
proxy is listening on one HTTP port, and the IBM HTTP server on another. I suspect that the
IBM HTTP Server does not intercept the request because the host:port it does not match what
is defined in the plugin's configuration.

The plugin is a bear to configure until you get a grip. The configuration file contains XML
- you need to understand the structure of the XML, and the dependencies between XML elements.
I think what you need to do is add a new VirtualHostGroup next to the existing one:

<VirtualHostGroup Name="reverse_proxy">
  <VirtualHost Name="*:80" />
  <VirtualHost Name="*:443" />
</VirtualHostGroup>

(if that does not work, try to add also <VirtualHost Name="*" />)

Then you need to add a new route that associates the relevant server cluster and URI group
with this new virtual host group, for example:

  <Route ServerCluster="server1_Cluster" UriGroup="server1_Cluster_URIs" VirtualHostGroup="reverse-proxy"
/>

Should everything else fail, please contact your friendly IBM representative.

-ascs