httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Re: problem with mod_rewrite rewiterule with [P](internal proxying)
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 13:59:49 GMT
No you do not need to statically link mod_proxy. Loading it as a DSO is just fine.

As shown by the RewriteLog, the request is indeed proxied to mgtpdma3.rau.valmet.com:7003.
If you doubt that, you can check the application server logs on mgtpdma3. I would still like
to see a trace of the requests and associated responses from the moment you issue the request
for /metso/login.jsp, until you receive the 404.

If you had a proxy problem I believe you would have gotten a 500, or a 502. The 404 could
either come from the application server, or from Apache. In that case we would need to know
which of those issue the error, and the exact URL requested. If you want help with this problem,
please provide a trace or at least a relevant snippet of your access logs.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Ravish Agarwal [mailto:ravish.agarwal@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 10:39 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Cc: sanguis@xs4all.nl
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Re: problem with mod_rewrite rewiterule with [P](internal proxying)

But my problem is that if I remove [P] tag then every thing works fine. so do I need to have
compile version of mod_proxy.c as the manual page for apache 1.3 says but its not there at
apache 2.0 manual page. I am using apache 2.0.55

Output of httpd -l shows the following
 $ ./httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  worker.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

I have the mod_proxy_http enabled too. So what could be the poblem?
On 7/7/06, Axel-St├ęphane  SMORGRAV
<Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com> wrote:
>  The rewrite logs included in the original post indicate that the proxying does work,
so that cannot possibly be the problem.