httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache listening for UDP requests?
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 05:36:55 GMT
I ran a netstat on some of my apache server hosts looking for UDP sockets, but could not find
any. The only UDP sockets I could see were on the NTP port. Then I tried lsof and could not
find anything concerning httpd either.

I am therefore wondering whether you could possibly have a module that I do not have or use
a command that opens a UDP connection for some reason, for example a piped log to transfer
logs to a remote server (although doing that over UDP seems strange).

-ascs

PS: I am using Apache 2.0.54, and the following is an exhaustive list of all the modules,
both compiled-in and dynamically linked:

http_core.c
mod_access.c
mod_alias.c
mod_autoindex.c