httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Configuring Siteminder 5.5 for apache2.0 on HP-UX 11- can't find libmod_sm20.sl
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 06:04:29 GMT
That piece of shit has made me tear all of my hair out, but if you really have to use it, please
make yourself a favor and use the latest and greatest (SMWA 5QMR8). I think I counted something
like 160 bug fixes in that release, as compared to appx. 40 in other releases. Given all the
problems I have had with previous releases of the so-called framework agent, I think they
have had huge quality problems that have hopefully been solved after CA acquired Netegrity.

What I believe is your problem is that libmod_sm20 depends on another library, and since it
appears that /opt/siteminder2/webagent/lib/ is not in your SHLIB_PATH, the run-time linker
can't find it.

The definitions below relate to Solaris. You probably want to replace LD_LIBRARY_PATH with
SHLIB_PATH

I added the following to the Apache environment. There are several ways of doing that. I personally
prefer adding to the end of apache/bin/envvars:

NETE_WA_ROOT=/u01/netegrity/siteminder/webagent
NETE_WA_PATH=$NETE_WA_ROOT/lib
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/u01/opt/lib:$NETE_WA_PATH"
PATH=$NETE_WA_ROOT/bin:$PATH
export NETE_WA_PATH NETE_WA_ROOT PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

You absolutely need to set both LD_LIBRARY_PATH (SHLIB_PATH) and PATH in order for the LLAWP
process to be able to start.

Good luck!
-ascs