httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Lindsey_Lepi...@cargill.com>
Subject [users@httpd] redirects in the main server affecting virtual hosts?
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:43:57 GMT
Hi all,

How much of the main server's configuration would a virtual host inherit?  The reason I am
asking is because I have a Redirect directive in the main server config that points "/pwd"
at https://xxx.yyy.zzz.com:85[....]TARGET=https://xxx.yyy.zzz.com:444/pwd/password_change.htm
(the ports are added because I have apache up and running parallel with a sun one server and
that is what apache is listening to)

So when I click on the Password Change link (which is just /pwd) it redirects me to my virtual
host which is set up with ssl capabilities and runs the password change pages though that
host.  Problem is that when it brings up the first page where we enter in our user name, old
password and new password and I hit the continue button which submits that form to be processed
it comes right back to the first page instead of going to the TARGET url.  My understanding
is that the form is suppose to be processed and then it should take me to the password_change.htm
page.

Also If I were to just enter https://xxx.yyy.zzz:444/pwd/password_change.htm  it goes to the
page form where we enter our user name and old/new password.

So I was wondering if the problem is that the target has /pwd in it and even though the virtual
host is being called it sees the redirect in the main server and inherits it and sends me
to the first form and not the final "you have successfully changed your password" screen.

If that is the problem is there anyway around that other than renaming the directory that
password_change.htm is in?

-Lindsey