httpd-users mailing list archives

From sev...@bigskypenguin.com
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite to go from http to https and back
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 05:12:02 GMT
Hello all,

I've been reading through the mod_rewrite documentation and looking at
some samples but am still pretty stumped.

What I need, and I'm sure this is common, is to have on page, register.php
use https and all other pages use http. This is probably obvious, but
register.php is processing a credit card transaction, and needs the
encryption of SSL, but all other pages do not.

I have been reading through the rules, but am having a very tough time
deciphering exactly how they would be written to accomplish this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Skip