httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Schulman <cschul...@austin.rr.com>
Subject Fwd: Re: [users@httpd] configuration question from an Apache newbie
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:12:39 GMT

>On 7/11/06, Rob Wilkerson <r.d.wilkerson@gmail.com> wrote:
>Check your DirectoryIndex directive, too.  I get this a lot when I
>forget to put in a file that I use.  By default, Apache ships with
>index.html, for example, but not index.htm (which is what I use).

Right you are.  I found that and changed it.  Thanks, Rob.  I also happened
across this comment and directive:

    # This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
    #
    <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache2.2/htdocs">

Once I changed that and DirectoryIndex, everything worked right.  Guess I
better take the time to read httpd.conf from start to finish.  Thanks for
your reply too, Axel-St├ęphane.  :o)

Chris Schulman