httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Morgan Gangwere" <0.fracta...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Apache 1.3, 4GB file limit
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:18:01 GMT
I have to agree that moving forward to apache2 is a good idea. but
what kind of files would be over 4 Gigs?

On 7/19/06, Joost de Heer <sanguis@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Dan Trainor wrote:
> > Bryan Hansen wrote:
> >> I am trying to find a solution to the 4GB file limit that exists in
> >> Apache 1.3. Most resources that discuss this issue offer solutions to
> >> patch apache which only seem to work with apache 2.0+. (ie
> >> http://people.apache.org/~jorton/ap_splitlfs.diff)
> >>
> >> For the record:
> >> We are doing http transfers (not ftp) and the local file system supports
> >> file sizes over 4GB.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have a solution to supporting 4GB+ file transfers under
> >> apache 1.3?
>
> According to some docs I found: Try compiling with CFLAGS
> '-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64".
>
> Or upgrade to 2.2 with native LFS :)
>
> Joost

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.